- Written by Frank Corey
Goals Setting Checklist √
Use the acronym SMART to help you create your unique goals.
Goal Setting Tips:
- Think about what is most important to you, not someone else. Setting and achieving personal goals is more rewarding than struggling to meet someone else’s ideal.
- Set goals that you can reach every day! Choosing to do something little to get you to your bigger goal is still hitting a goal (preparing meals ahead of time or packing your gym bag so you’re ready to go after work).
- Goals Do NOT have to be progress goals like drop 15 pounds by the end of the month. They can also be process goals like increase the duration of your workouts or try a new mode of fitness like yoga or kickboxing. It’s best to focus on the positive when goal setting so you won’t become discouraged if a numerical bench mark isn’t reached.
- YOU MUST PHYSICALLY WRITE YOUR GOALS DOWN!!! Visual reminders are important to keeping you focused and on track.
- I know you’re receiving this in regards to personal training, but think outside this one area of your life. Set goals in other areas of your life as Zig Ziglar said you must set goals in all 7 areas of your life (see wheel above), otherwise it would be like driving down the road at 55mph with a flat tire! It’s going to be loud and bumpy!
Latest from Frank Corey
- Waiting for the last second and how to overcome it.
- Where to start your fitness journey when you don’t know where to even start!
- Over complications lead to procrastination which results in failure to launch
- To much fitness in the softcore porn industry, or to much softcore porn in the fitness industry?
- Why is it soo stinkin hard to change??!